So the consensus is they are too expensive? I love that Ed posted pics of his Green Mountain barrel. I've seen some that shoot that well. Shot against guys with Green Mountain barrels that shot that well. Some don't and some are a gamble. The one I bought was just like Ed's barrel, except it was a horrible shooter. I mean 3/4" for 5 shots at 50 yards was the norm, with most ammo I tried. What I always heard about Kidd is it's pretty much guaranteed that it's going to shoot well. You never know with Green Mountain. From personal experience, I would not buy one again. That may just be me though, as I got burned once. The next one could shoot like Ed's rifle. Who knows?? What I do know is there are guys out there that search for the factory parts and they are very easy to sell. I ended up selling the factory barrel on this rifle for $125.00 or something like that and also sold the stock at the same time. Both parts together almost paid for the rifle. Or if I put that money towards the Kidd barrel, it would look like this: $274-$125= $149.00. The stock sold for $100.00 approx, so I put that towards the Magpul X22 hunter stock. That looked like this: $130.00-$100= $30.00. A Kidd barrel for $149.00 is well worth it in my mind. Especially after shooting the rifle for the first time. That was the icing on the cake. I've also heard Fedderson barrels are awesome too. Don't know what the Lilja or Shilen barrels run. All great options. I guess the deciding factor is ultimately your budget and needs. No one else running a Kidd barrel here? If you do, let us know how it shoots. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA