Alright guys. I know I've bought a few rifles with these sights and they work well. The nice thing about them is there is no big adjustment screws to get snagged on schidt and it is extremely lightweight. It's actually a pretty clean way to go about setting up your pre 64 with a rear aperture for hunting. Again, like I said before, many of these that I've seen had missing apertures/screw in apertures. This makes this sight more like a "ghost ring" and great for hunting. It lets you get on target very quickly and better in low light situations. Now, while my first thought for a pre 64 is the venerable 48WJS, it is actually pretty hard to beat this combo on a nice light featherweight rifle. The wear on the edges of this one shows whoever owned it before me used it quite a bit. I actually don't mind the wear around the edges, as it blends in well with the aluminum butt plate and the honest wear on the floor plate and trigger guard. This rifle is in overall great condition, yet the worn sight looks right at home on it. 1956 30-06 FWT. One of my babies:

First picture is of course the 2 screws where you will mount the rear sight to. These are factory drilled and tapped and found on all pre 64 model 70's:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Next pics are of the sight base. Make note on how well it fits the receiver:
(also notice the clearance between the sight base and the stock)

Here's the actual sight, when not on the rifle:

Now when it's on the rifle:

Like I said previously, this one is the OP's if he wants it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA