Originally Posted by TomM1
One of my favorite topics, M70’s and receiver sights!

I just want to note (unless noted earlier and I missed it) that Williams made two different models of receiver sights. The FP (fool proof) which had the internal micrometer adjustments. Also the 5D ($5 dollar) which did not have click adjustments, simply slides and lock screws.

I agree with the others that the Williams FP is one of my favorites. Once locked down it’s very solid.

In regards to the Lyman, the 48 is wonderful but the 57 is horrid in my opinion. The slide wobbles in the shoddy aluminum base and no means to lock it down.

The older steel redfields are a great option as well and usually much cheaper than the Lyman 48 if one is hung up on having steel.

For Standard M70’s I usually try to hunt down a steel sight to match the steel bottom metal and buttplate. For featherweights, I like the Williams FP as the aluminum ages the same as the bottom metal and buttplate, + keeps with the light weight theme.

Good post Tom.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA