Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Men can do some horrible things when left to their own machinations. I did two tours with a bunch of morons who read some fictional book and started acting it out. Some of them thought they had become real Apaches and acted accordingly. These were grown men who were some of our best. Canoeing was the norm back then. For those that don't know, that is when you stand over a body and pop the guy in the forehead and it opens his head like a canoe. All this started because Al Qaeda tried to hack off one of our guys head and desecrated his body. So some of our guys started returning the favor and doing dumb [bleep] like taking ears, fingers. We were normally required to bring back a finger tip for DNA but some of them decided to take it a step further and skin a piece of their arm. This about the same time a few guys decided to start carrying tomahawks as John Burns was spouting off how our armed forces carried tomahawks. That s h I t was put to bed quite fast. Guys were sent home. Some were told to go find another job. Old Wiley Howard managed to walk away unscathed, especially since he is the one who found the donations to purchase said tomahawks and hand them out and told some them he wanted to see blood on those hatchets.

Historically, we suck at policing our own. It has always been team first. There was always senior leadership that was more than willing to cover up a guys intentional atrocities. I like to think that some of us had sent a clear message to the troops and made enough examples in that that organization that all others will stick to the code. Ain't no American service member permitted to desecrate bodies, period. Has it happened, you bet. Will it happen again, most likely. Will it be tolerated? Not for a second. We hold our people to a higher standard and when you let your emotions prevent you from acting like the consummate professional you are trained to be, that is a big problem.

I am amazed and disgusted how many of the general public hold some of these guys in such high esteem. The guys who write books and have movies made about them are all a bunch of self serving liars who seek fame and fortune. They dismissed their oath to be a silent professional. They have used their brothers blood to make themselves rich. The public thinks they are Gods. They are not, they are nothing but over-trained pieces of s h I t that are no longer allowed on base, much less the reunions or compounds. They names exist on a wall of shame in the hallway as a lesson for others. Keep your oath, your word is bond.

I just found out the one douchebag, who I am sure many here unknowingly worship, gets 35K per motivational speech. [bleep] unbelievable.
What are the names of some of these guys who people think are Gods but are instead pieces of crap?

O'neill, Bissonette, Kyle, Luttrell, Crenshaw who else is famous and I will dish their dirt for them. Bunch of freaking liars. I mean, Jesus Christ, you were on the Holy Grail raid that killed bin Laden, why lie and say you killed the POS? Have any idea how many other people were on that raid and kept their mouths shut? Only 2 of them had to race out and yell look at me, I killed Osama, but O'Neill and Bissonette are liars.. You hear about the air crew and pilots that flew them?? You hear any of the other 20 odd people that were there? Not a peep. Did you know that O'Neill and Bisonette used to get into arguments on who was going to publish first and sell the movie rights before they ever knew they were going on the raid?? You think they were for Team and Country? Bunch of sell out pricks.

Let's see, Kyle lied about his "number", medals and lied about punching Jesse Ventura. Never happened.

Luttrel? Well, there just wasn't much truth to any of his story. I was there when his kit was recovered. All full magazines. Estimated they had 8 to 12 guys chasing them down that mountain. Even if his story was half right, they broke every tactic in the book. I refuse to speak ill of the dead but old Marcus is reveling in the glory of his fallen Team mates and being quite the rich guy considering he forgot to fire a round.

Who else is a famous SEAL? The honorable SEALs keep their mouths shut and fend for themselves. David Goggins caught fame the right way. I only knew him from around the compound and the weight room and he always freaked me out. Loud, motivational and did everything 110%. Dude has been and always will be a beast. Guys got more heart than a major city. Who else is famous??

-Piss into the wind.