You have a point...However, I will tell you this for certain. People who shoot a lot and most of them don't waste time posting of forums, don't worry all that much about what a pattern looks like on paper. They set up the shotgun to fit them and then work on their skills to hit what they are shooting at. I was talking with one of them two days ago. He has won a couple World Championships. And we were talking about clay shooters vs hunters and the often quoted line...He can hit clays, but he sucks at game. He said it just doesn't work that way. Shooters can shoot no matter what the game.

We were shooting targets from close to out to 60 yards....Not once did he ask what choke I had in. Or what it looked like on paper. He did say your initial move was wrong, your insertion was wrong, you didn't look correctly. When those errors were correct the target broke. I suspect it would be even easier with a Turkey standing there. How hard can it be to send a load of shot where enough shot will hit vitals.

Addition: Unless one wants to be cute and brag on Jelly Heads. Which may have its own issues.

Last edited by battue; 05/25/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler