As far as flushing Turkeys in the fall...Well spring is not the only time one can call Turkeys. I'm sure some of you are familiar with the KeeKee comeback call of a busted flock.

That being said, any who have roamed the woods a lot in the fall, in a wood where there are a lot of Turkeys, it should not be rare to run into a flock. They leave a lot of scratching sign for one and two a feeding flock makes a lot of noise. Sometimes they are over the edge and you hear them. You may want to just run into them and send them every which way. And sometimes one will fly your way and close. Or you sit and start with the KeeKee.

Or you may want to try and figure out which way they are going and get in front. Sit down be still and wait for one to walk by.

Or the Dog may bust a flock and the same repeats. I've also had them run and try and hide in something thick from the Dog. Which is mistake because he/she is going to take me right to them. And often an easy flush is the result..

Seems as if there are those who prefer the spring and those who prefer the fall. Maybe us stupid ones like the fall better, since it is so much easier and not a real Turkey hunt.

Last edited by battue; 05/26/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler