OK, thanks for taking the effort to post up some targets. I also said TSS shot would be the exception. However, some of the lead targets are impressive.. Not all but some yes. In addition, with the obvious low pellet strikes, there are some body hits involved. Which was one of my arguments. There is more going on than ripping a head off.

As far as your anatomy lesson, I've seen enough naked Turkeys to know that at the ranges I shoot them, their body structure will have little to do with success or failure. A shotgun is a more than formidable weapon at those ranges and it would be rare for one to escape, when hit up front. As mentioned I shot the one in the back going away. Which would be about a worse case situation. It didn't kill him instantly, but he wasn't going anywhere. Wing and leg busted and most likely took a few at the base of the neck. Others have been shot breast on. The flying ones were actually closer, and have been Birds mostly coming at me or quartering away within 15-20 yards. And penetration is not always what kills...If it was then none would have died from getting hit with a steering wheel before air bags. The cumulative force of pellets, will dislodge and destroy vital organs from functioning. Something that many don't apply to the blunt force of a shotgun hit.

Some excellent patterns for lead at that range, I'll admit it. However, to say if one doesn't pattern their shotgun that shouldn't hunt Turkeys is BS. I pattern my guns thousands of times a year. It just happens to be on something other than paper. wink And when a Turkey is the target, it almost looks like shooting at a garbage can lid.

Last edited by battue; 05/27/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler