Originally Posted by SDupontJr
Looking at the Pulsars. One thing I do like is the Talion xq38 which has a removable battery. So if your running out of juice, you can swap it out. The other one I looked at has an internal battery and will need to be charged. I did however notice that some offer reticle changes. And in those changes, they offer several reticles that can be visible in daylight. Its still $2k, for an optic. I wish those damn hogs wouldn't have shown up. Ha.

I own the Pulsar Talion XQ38. As mentioned, I love the removable batteries. They are currently $85 each. It has 10 reticles options, 10 heat signature color options. I have had it on about 8 hunts. I am not completely fluent with it, but I can hit the necessary menu options now in the dark. The two best benefits are the zoom capability. It has three, 2.5X, 5X & 10X. It is bluetooth wireless to your chosen monitoring device. I use an iPad. The scope will function for 5 reliable hours on a single battery, which, is about as long as I choose to sit. The iPad, though about ten years old, will still run for about 8 hours of continuous illumination. This reliability allows you to focus on the hunt.

I have seen the wireless connection to the external monitor dropped from the muzzle blast. That is with about 12” linear between the two. Currently experimenting with effective placement. Even though the connection drops, the scope is still perfectly operative thru the objective. Being my first thermal purchase & experience, I am quite satisfied.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.