Just for giggles n' grins

The first vid is one of the best I've taken with either the Super Hogster or Super Yoter in regards to clarity and quality. IMHO the conditions were about as good as it gets. It was the occasion of a 24hrcampfire Hoot n' Shoot at Thompson Lodge, Crystal City, Texas, early march. Temps would be in the high 60's low 70's and low humidity. Distance would be +/- 65 yds. I had limited out on pigs (dead pig to the left of the feeder) and was waiting to be picked up, when this sounder came in.

Bering Optics Super Hogster 2.9-11.6 x 35 mm, 384 x 288 Core:

The Bering Optics Super Hogster 2.9-11.6x35 Thermal Weapon Sight is one of the worst kept secrets of 2021. The internet is buzzing about the Bering Optics Super Hogster's great image quality and great price. What makes this scope Super? The Super Hogster uses a 384x288 thermal core like many mid-priced thermal scopes, but unlike all the others, it has a 12-micron thermal core with a NETD rating of <40 MK. The 12-micron core provides a sharper image than the Hogster R35 or other brands of scopes using a 384x288 17-micron core.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/blogs/news/bering-optics-super-hogster-review

The reason I purchased the Super Hogster at the time was the 2.9 base magnification and the 12 micron core. IIRC the Super Yoter had not been released.

Next vid is the Super Yoter

SUPER YOTER R 3.0-12.0x50mm Compact Thermal Weapon Sight, VOx 640X480 core resolution, 12 µm pixel pitch with the LaRue Tactical® QD mount (BE46050L)

I remember the night well. It was June 23, 2023. I almost killed myself by zigging when I should have zagged, rolled my four-wheeler and got pinned under it. Laid me up for a month.

Anywho, I had set up at a place I call Creekside. It affords me a 120 yds shot at the Roadside pen.......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

and a 90 yd. shot at the Creekside feeder.

I got there about 8pm as it did not get dark then until after 9PM.

I killed two hogs and a coyote at the Creekside feeder between dark and 11 PM. It gets hot in Texas in June. Temp was 91 degrees F when I climbed down at 11.

Was in no mood to deal with the other two after my accident.

Bear in mind that even thought the Super Yoter is a 640 unit, one can certainly tell the difference when the ambient temperature is near the same body temp as your quarry and the rocks are hotter than both.

Ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/02/24.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.