Originally Posted by shoots100
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Originally Posted by shoots100
[quote=JohnBurns][quote=jimmyp]
ADM mounts are great if your taking it off and on the same rail, but if you need to loosen or tighten the locking lever pressure to fit on a different rail, their not so good at keeping POI.
Don't need to worry about that with BoBro mounts.
I've been down the clip on rabbit hole two times and never again, even if I won the lottery and could afford a real clip on that could hold zero.

SJC

I don't see how adjusting the lever tension would make any difference whatsoever. The fixed side of the mount is always in the same position. The lever just changes the clamping force of the floating wedge. You might get a difference between "barely tight to hurculean tight" just by allowing movement or stressing metal. But I don't think any variation of "reasonably snug" would make any appreciable difference in the POI for the ranges you shoot with a thermal.
You might not see it, but changing locking lever tension when mounting changes POI.
I've tested every QD mount out there and the most repeatable mount when being used on different rails has been BoBro.
I can take my backup scope and switch it from a centerfire to a PCP air rifle and not worry about POI shift after changing to the correct profile in the scope.
With the ADM mount I need to back the locking clamp nut out 1/4 turn or I can't get it to clamp on and it never has had repeatable POI.
When your just taking it off and putting it back on the same rail there's no issues with the other brand QD mounts.

SJC

I have both a Pulsar Trail XQ50 (with their QD mount) and then a Pulsar Thermion in an ADM QD mount and both regularly swap between different rifles with programmed profiles. All of them return to the proper POI each and every time. Maybe not to the 1/2 MOA, but certainly accurate enough for 200 yds shots with a thermal. On all of the QD levers, I follow the "lever makes engagement at 45 degrees" and snugs on the remainder of the stroke tightening philosophy. So maybe I'm more consistent with the tightening force then most.

I'm not familiar with a BoBro mount, but I assume it must have some type of spring tension that makes it more consistent on clamping pressure.