I don’t have a lot of opportunity to hunt at night so I didn’t want to spend a ton just to see if it would be worth the investment. I’ve got friends and family that have high dollar thermal and high dollar night vision, I know they work well.

But I saw video from the sightmark Wraith a friend has and found the mini 4K for $549. The same friend brought his AGM TM10-256 thermal scanner by and I found it good enough to find one of my own. It was about the same price so I’m into the deal for about $1200 and it should let me decide if I need to upgrade later or just dump the whole idea.

I haven’t been able to hunt yet due to deer season but hope to get out sometime soon. I took the scanner with me on my walk around our lake last night and usually there are deer everywhere but all I could find was a person walking down the rock amphitheater.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Only about 50 yards away but I think it’ll be good enough to scan with. I was learning how to use the scanner paired with my phone and figured out I need a memory card for the unit itself, it’ll be much easier.

I could go with the AGM TM19-384 for about $1700 but then I could up that to $2200 or so and get a thermal scope. Then I might want a 640 so it kinda never ends.

I’ll try what I’ve got and see if it’s worth the investment for me.