Originally Posted by gsganzer
Originally Posted by shoots100
You might not see it, but changing locking lever tension when mounting changes POI.
I've tested every QD mount out there and the most repeatable mount when being used on different rails has been BoBro.
I can take my backup scope and switch it from a centerfire to a PCP air rifle and not worry about POI shift after changing to the correct profile in the scope.
With the ADM mount I need to back the locking clamp nut out 1/4 turn or I can't get it to clamp on and it never has had repeatable POI.
When your just taking it off and putting it back on the same rail there's no issues with the other brand QD mounts.

SJC

I have both a Pulsar Trail XQ50 (with their QD mount) and then a Pulsar Thermion in an ADM QD mount and both regularly swap between different rifles with programmed profiles. All of them return to the proper POI each and every time. Maybe not to the 1/2 MOA, but certainly accurate enough for 200 yds shots with a thermal. On all of the QD levers, I follow the "lever makes engagement at 45 degrees" and snugs on the remainder of the stroke tightening philosophy. So maybe I'm more consistent with the tightening force then most.

I'm not familiar with a BoBro mount, but I assume it must have some type of spring tension that makes it more consistent on clamping pressure.

Like you I just have different zero profiles in the thermal scope. That covers all the bases when swapping rifle as many things more important than the rail effect the zero.

And again, BoBro does not make a mount for the AGM Rattler, which was the thermal in question. The ADM mount the Rattlers come with has proven to be reliable and high quality.

I can swap the Rattler with the ADM across the three diffferent rifles that I have profiles set in the thermal without issues.

If one has a rail that is a bit out of spec it's probably cheaper to swap the rail than buy a new mount.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.