cheap and hunting bullets don't jive in my books but YMMV.

I think both are well supported. And both are about the same dollars in cost of ammo often. There are so many side makers of 6.5 Grendel these days I think that will be available.

OTOH lets look at relying on factory ammo. Best there would be the 223. And its more than enough for hogs and coyotes to 200 if not 300 pretty easy. 200 is pretty easy shot with our thermal and we bounce back and forth between the 6.5 Grendel and 223 uppers with various bullets in the 223 depending. I can't really tell much difference at all honestly in lethality. Last pig was about 150 pounder at 30 yards by accident. She still made over 100 yards with a 123? SST bullet through her from the Grendel. And Ive dumped pigs and had em run less by 40 v max in 223.

How many rounds are you going to shoot? IMHO everyone that loads should have 500 pieces of brass. 500 bullets. and enough powder and primer for that or more. I rarely ever start a gun with less than 500. If I do its at least 200. If I know the bullet for sure, its 5 boxes. Primers are not sold in less than 1000 piece boxes in my mind. And powder is not sold in less than 8 pound containers in my mind.

Just thinking out loud on how we address ammo issues. Figuring not many will go through 500 rounds of ammo and not be able to get more supplies or ammo at some point before that 500 runs out.

Good luck.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....