Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by rost495
And you think the 7/08 will penetrate less than the 243?
I plan on loading it down. I'm just saying I didn't need the load I used. It was too hot for the short distance.

kwg
Gotcha. For my take there isn't much pig wise the 223 won't do. From 40 vmax up to 62 barnes and 75 bthp etc...
I would of used a .223 with 63 grain Sierra semi points but the owner of the property didn't like the .223 for pigs. He said he saw too many get away to die somewhere else. It's his place so I will respect his demands. I think the 7mm with a heavier bullet and a larger cross section would be the better choice. It's either that or an 8x57.

kwg
Yup. Gotta respect the owners for sure. FWIW hit in the same place there will be as best I can tell, zero difference in the mentioned rounds.
I am not going to say I've killed more than the owner has, with a 22 LR pistol, or suppressed 10/22, because I have no way of knowing, but lets just say I'm fairly certain my 22lr pig number is north of 100 and up to about 300 pounds appx.
Your logic is sound rost but it's not my property. You know the rest.

kwg
Exactly. The way times are you would think the owners would want weaker rounds for liability issues. Rather than stronger. A lost pig is nothing to us, though I try to avoid it, I think anything 4 legged deserves a quick human death. And I prefer not to waste meat If I can avoid it.

There are zero flies going bigger.

And if we don't follow landowner rules, we are no longer invited.... our current one won't allow blackpowder, muzzleloaders, or archery. He has not realized I supposed, that he has not disallowed handguns. I'm not sure of the reason but is what it is. Follow the rules or loose.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....