My cousin that lives in the "Low Country" of SC started me into the 6.5 Grendel madness with tales and pictures of pigs, coyotes and whitetails dispatched with his PSA 6.5 Grendel and factory Hornady ammunition (123 gr. AMAX & SST). He came up to visit pre-COVID and we took his rifle out to the range and checked zero and then shot groups at 200 & 300 yards; I was surprised and impressed. I asked him lots of questions afterwards while we were cleaning rifles; specifically, about the PSA 20-inch upper and did he have any issues with the gun or the factory Hornady ammunition. He has taken a dozen or so deer out to 250 plus yards; and a few coyotes and pigs to about the same distance on his farm.

Since I already had 6.5 bullets on the bench (as I already load for 6.5x55 and 6.5 Creedmoor) I decided to give the Grendel a try and bought the same PSA 20-inch Upper with a SS barrel. This led to a Howa Mini and a LaRue Upper with an 18-inch barrel. Haven't cut flesh with them yet but Lapua 123 Grain Scenar groups sure do make me happy.

If I wasn't already invested in 6.5mm I may have given the 6mmARC close look.

YMMV

StarchedCover

Semper Fi