Originally Posted by Exchipy
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
If you get a good 6.5 Creedmoor semi auto, you'll love it. I'm not sure about Ruger though. Seems idiotic that they did not use the proper scope mount. I'm sure this is not their first rodeo?? You'd think to show off your product, you'd have that sob set properly.
Thanks to the OP for posting his results with the SFAR, but there are still many questions that need addressed. The report of his buddy having a failure, is not good, and why the hell was Ruger using such crap ammo?
Been attending “Range Day” at SHOT for too many years, now. Only rarely will a rifle manufacturer provide the best ammo and have its rifles set up the best possible way. Most figure, quite correctly I’m afraid, that the majority of media types cannot shoot well enough to discern the difference (sorta like casting pearls before swine). There are noteworthy exceptions, however, with those manufacturers who showcase their precision long range products on the few 500+ yard range bays available, and those few media people with the proper skills and experience. (By the way, I’m not a media guy, and I’m not nearly as skilled as some media guys with whom I am acquainted.)

Back when Ruger first introduced its Precision Rifle, they went all out, presenting samples for test firing with Hornady Match ammo on a 500 yard range bay and at steel targets. Those rifles performed surprisingly well, as does my personal RPR in 5.56NATO.

While I certainly wish it had been otherwise, I understand Ruger’s uninspired approach this time, given the 100 yard limitation of their range bay and the short range nature of their other products presented for test firing, as if the 6.5 SFAR was included as an afterthought.

I’m itching to get my hands on a 20” 6.5 SFAR, to see what’s possible.

After you get it, keep us posted. The rifle I mentioned in a previous post, has had zero failures, and shoots lights out, but it is heavy. The concept of the SFAR is pretty cool. I hope they work out well. Lighter makes it easier to pack, but excellent accuracy/precision is going to be the icing on the cake. rost mentions the BCA, and if those shoot moa, I'd for damn sure expect the Ruger to do just as well. My sample of AR10's is very small, but both of the ones I've had, shoot almost as well as my AR15's.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA