Weather was near calm and quite pleasant this morning, for a change. So, I took my 6.5 SFAR to 500 yards, starting at 100 yards, and made 30 empty cases from Hornady 140gr ELD-M factory ammo. Results were reasonably good, but not yet exciting, actually quite acceptable for there being only fifty rounds through it, so far. Its 3/4” hundred yard five shot group did not translate into much less than about 6 or 7” at five hundred yards. The TriggerTech’s pull weight is now set at two pounds, exactly, and very nice. Garmin said velocity was 2570-ish, but with a somewhat disappointing 76 fps extreme spread and 22 standard deviation. I expect careful reloads to do better. Still no cycling issues whatsoever. No other problems to report, either. It’s a keeper, alright. The big fun is yet to come, as it breaks-in thoroughly.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Eventually figured out the correct elevation on the 24” steel at 500 yards, using only the trajectory information provided by the factory on the cartridge box label. There’s some .223 73gr. ELD-Ms mixed in there, too.

Results next time should be a bit more refined.

Every day’s an adventure.