Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
They do, and the first gens have major issues. They have a new 2nd generation, that guys have been changing out the first gens with. The rifle the OP purchased, is one of the better rifles, with less issues. If you do a search on Youtube, you'll see where a lot of guys have had major reliability issues, and I believe the adjustable gas block is the culprit. I'm surprised they have not recalled them, but they did redesign it.

I’d sure like to know something about the nature of the “major reliability issues,” without needing to watch blowhards on YouTube, and why the adjustable gas block is believed to be the culprit.

Haven’t had the opportunity yet for range testing mine. So, I’d like to know what to watch for. I noticed the gas block came from the factory adjusted to setting 3 (the most open), while the manual suggests setting 2 would be the best place to start. It may simply be that selection 3 was last thing factory test fired before the rifle was boxed up for shipment. Or, it could be a clue.

Every day’s an adventure.