Originally Posted by Exchipy
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
… If the Ruger has a good 5R barrel, I'd expect it to shoot 5 shot moa groups, no problem. My S&W Performance Center 6.5 Creedmoor shoot groups of around .8 moa for 10 shots, so 5 shots at moa should be more than doable with the Ruger.
The concept is cool, having a much lighter weight AR10 type rifle, but if it's not reliable or accurate, that would be a hard pass for me. …
Light weight is not my goal. This rifle, following the modifications I intend for it, will not be for carrying around much. Heavy (within reason, of course) is typically not a bad thing when shooting for precision from a stable position. To me, the most attractive feature of this rifle will be its potential for repeated, yet acceptably accurate shots at distance without the need to break and readjust my shooting position for bolt manipulation between shots. If it ultimately turns out that I’m unable to make that happen, the beast will likely be seeking a new home.

Strange. Most guys want this style for it's reduced weight and size, over the typical AR10/AR308 pattern rifle. Sounds like you would be better served by something like my S&W Performance center. That rifle is a hammer. I've yet to have any hiccup with it, and it drives tacks all the way out to 1,000 yards.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA