just print up a fake receipt on your computer. submit it.

Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by BangPop
If your rifle doesn't show up at Winchester you are totally screwed. The way the USPS insurance fraud works is this......
1. You file a claim and provide the info that they require on the claim form. Including a sales receipt that YOU paid for. They will deny any claim if you are not the original purchaser and can prove it.

2. They will deny the claim even if you can and do prove you purchased the item the first time. That's their strategy to avoid paying the claim.

3. They will deny the claim appeal for a different reason, usually for 'missing information' even when that information was not required on the claim form.

4. Your last option is to appeal to the USPS consumer protection office in DC which requires all the original claim paperwork plus a letter stating why the claim should be paid.

I had a $150 worth of bullets get stolen or lost last spring. It took 5 months of their bull [bleep] to finally get $110 out of them. I called their 'Criminal theft and fraud division' office in Chicago and talked to the nice lady and said that I was a victim of fraud. She was happy to help right up to the time when she asked me if I knew the identity of the perpetrator of the fraud. When I told her that the USPS was the guilty party for selling me insurance on my parcel and failing to pay off on the product that I purchased. I demanded to start a fraud claim and forced the issue to the point of actually having a case number. A couple of days later I got a call from a postal inspector requesting that I drop the fraud complaint and I promptly refused. About a week later the claim check arrived in my mail box.
They are rotten SOB's that have no intent to pay on your claim. The money that you paid for the $2000 insurance was wasted and would have been better spent on anything else other that USPS insurance.

Great, I’m screwed as I bought the rifle 2nd hand, paid cash and no need for a receipt on a gun in AL.