Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Good luck with them paying the insurance. Even if you show proof for the cost of the item, they'll deny it. At least in my experience.
My situation was similar to others here. I was selling an expensive German air rifle for a friend (Feinwerkbau) on gunbroker. The price was pretty hefty and a guy bought it and paid me. IIRC it was a little over 2 grand. I sent the gun out and insured it for the sale price. The guy sends me an email a week later and says that it hasn't updated since it left my post office and went to the next mail center and wanted me to call to check on it. I called and they tell me they can't find it and to make a claim. I made a claim. They denied my claim for missing info. Appealed and added a sales receipt that showed the price I sold it for and how much a new one costs. They denied it again, no reason given. I appealed yet again and they ignored me. About a month past by and I was literally going to send the guy a check with his money back (I kept him in the loop the whole time). I couldn't believe it when I woke up the next day to an email from him saying that it showed up on his door step. In the end we were both happy but it was over a month of me expecting to be out over 2k for trying to do a favor for a friend.