Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by K1500
You expect them to pay $2,000 on an item you bought for $400? Pretty sure that’s not gonna happen. I don’t think you can ‘over-insure’ and item and expect them to pay more than the item is worth. Since you established that the item was worth $400, that’s all you are likely to get out of them. My bet is it will show up eventually.

What I paid is irrelevant, it’s the replacement value that is the explanation for $2,000.
Find me a new in stock/available Supergrade Maple in 30-06.

There’s one on Gunbroker for $1870+$40 shipping + transfer.

If I sell you a 1oz pure 9999 Gold bar for $1, is the Gold Bar actually worth $1 because “you established that the item was worth $1.” or is the item actually worth $2,100 and you have a $2,099 positive equity position?????

Don’t be dense
Go back and read my post on page 1. Unless YOU can prove, with a receipt, that YOU paid $2000 for the rifle you aren't going to get chit for it. If anything, the fact that you insured it for $2000 and can't PROVE it, is all the reason the USPS needs to deny any claim until you run out of options. You wasted your money insuring it for that much and likely gave them all the ammo to shoot down your claim. You will be damn lucky to see the $400 that you paid for it and you will have to battle them every step of the way. They don't give a $hit about you or your gun.

Last edited by BangPop; 02/08/24.