Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by K1500
You expect them to pay $2,000 on an item you bought for $400? Pretty sure that’s not gonna happen. I don’t think you can ‘over-insure’ and item and expect them to pay more than the item is worth. Since you established that the item was worth $400, that’s all you are likely to get out of them. My bet is it will show up eventually.

What I paid is irrelevant, it’s the replacement value that is the explanation for $2,000.
Find me a new in stock/available Supergrade Maple in 30-06.

There’s one on Gunbroker for $1870+$40 shipping + transfer.

If I sell you a 1oz pure 9999 Gold bar for $1, is the Gold Bar actually worth $1 because “you established that the item was worth $1.” or is the item actually worth $2,100 and you have a $2,099 positive equity position?????

Don’t be dense

Is that price you quote for a super grade with a busted stock? Or do you want them to reimburse you for a brand new one when the one you shipped was all busted up?

Sounds to me like you are the dense one, expecting to be reimbursed the brand new top dollar price for a used item that is severely damaged (and had an established value of $400). I hope it shows up for you but I doubt they will pay you new cost of a damaged item that they themselves didn’t damage.