AU7MM08: The Rifle is gone, there should be absolutely NO quibbling or hesitancy by u.s.p.s. in paying your claim for the EXACT amount YOU paid to insure it for!
Sadly that has NOT been my experience over the last 30 years, with the horrific, bloated, inefficient, entity now known as u.s.p.s. (united states parcel smashers!)!
The amounts paid in insurance for packages at the u.s.p.s. are so INFLATED that u.s.p.s. could lose 1 out of every 10 packages - pay off the 1 out of 10 offended customers and still make 50% off of those inflated insurance rates.
And yet they stall, delay, obfuscate and make their customers jump through hoops and wait for settlements that they try, in every way, to diminish!
I am old enough to remember when the u.s.p.s. was an honest, efficient and professional servant to the citizens of this country.
I honestly think the country would be better off with scrapping the u.s.p.s. and their grossly over-paid workers and turning its duties over to private contractors/entities.
It couldn't be any worse.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy