Originally Posted by ol_mike
I knew some old school shrimpers in Biloxi- I lived there from Jan. 1980 until Sept. 2002. They sued the federal government for putting them out of business. Their attorneys filed for and got all of the information on the shrimp ships/boats, homes, vehicles,
exemptions -numerous other benefits. When they were reading over the details a shrimper- Clyde Ross said some of them were ready to start shooting. They made threats to federal and state tax collectors telling them to F-off they weren't paying taxes to be given to foreigners.
They armed themselves and mag dumped more than one Vietnamese boat that tried to shrimp near them.
I was fishing offshore Biloxi w/a friend in the late 90's- water-pump went out. While waiting on a friend to come tow us in- we were listening on the Marine Radio to a shoot-out between Vietnamese and locals.
Now you do stand corrected ....

I lived in Ocean Springs from '89 to the early 90's. I remember the animosity toward the Vietnamese from the locals I worked with at the shipyard

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings