My most productive bird dog was a Brittany. My least productive bird dog was a Brittany. Both were rehoming dogs.

The first was highly trained but not fond of toddlers. The owners had two kiddos in the toddler stage.

The second was a rescue/rehoming. No training and supposedly just a year old. I suspect she was closer to three. She came along just before our son fell ill with leukemia so I didn’t get to work with like I should have. She’d hunt. Some. Point, briefly, and she’d find the bird but wouldn’t retrieve. She was a wonderful pet though. A joy to have around.

My current bird dog is an English Setter. Another rehoming at five years old. Supposedly well trained. She’s had some training. Not a bad bird dog. Wonderful house dog and pet. She’s got got some big wheels. She’s 11 now so she’s finally not ranging so far though she can get out there. She’ll hold a point until I get there but I may have to stop for a nap or two and a sandwich before I get to her.

Not sure what my next dog will be. Probably a Brittany or a pointing Lab. The wire haired pointing Griffon is a contender as well.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.