I hope it's not me, but I honestly feel that I'm not the only one out there with "character" rifles in the safe. These are rifles that have been there/done that and have gotten bloody many times over. They've had some serious rounds down their tubes and fit your hands like an old pair of work gloves. I mean rifles with soul, rifles that just flat out get it done for you. I have two such in the safe and no, they'll never be for sale grin.

Savage M110 in 243. This rifle has shot 70-100gr handloads into very tight groups and just flat out gets in done. It killed my first deer ever in 1991 and a deer this past season. It goes out every year because it's an old friend, I know it like the inside of my well used pick up truck, and it just delivers. It's bedded in a laminate stock now (versus the injection molded factory one) and man this guy is a serious shooter. Deer hate it, shooters love it.

Remington M760 in 30-06. Dad bought this rifle the same year the stork brought me (1977). It's fallen a good number of deer by both him and myself. It points like a dove gun, shoots darn fine, and just screams "let's go hunting" when I pick it up. I can hold the muzzle straight up and hit the slide release and the slide comes down about 3/4 the way down. It's been shot probably alot more than your average 760, but still runs an 1" at 100 yards with handloads. Matter of fact, the only one hole group I ever shot with a big game rifle at 100 yards was with this gun. I put three 165gr Nosler BTs fueled by 55gr of IMR 4350 into a one holer. I couldn't do this again for all the bourbon in Kentucky, but it's nice to know that the gun can!

Both of these souls have seen rain, snow, 90+ degree temps, sand, dirt, mud, and of course...blood. I love 'em. Let's hear about yours.

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.