Well it isnt a centerfire but I have 2 guns that would fall into this category.

When I was 7-8 years old, I wanted a .22 in the worst way. Not a borrowed 22 but MY OWN 22. The deal was that I earned $80 durring summer vacation an dad would fill in the rest of the cash. Did more Bullshit jobs that summer than you could shake a stick at until grandpa got tired of it an hired me to clean some guns of his that were allready clean, at the sum of $10 per gun grin Mom is still pissed about that lil stunt.

Anyways I wanted a lever action. So sitting in the corner now is my beloved winchester 94/22. The blueing is wore off the bottom of the action and is slowly creeping up the sides and down the barrel. Pulled it out the other day and was amazed at how many dings, and scratches were on that lil gun. Odd thing was, that they looked...well, they looked right on it.

Its the gun that got me in trouble one summer vacation when dad discovered that his 21,000 rounds of 22 ammo were completely gone grin

I remember that bottomless pit feeling when I totaled my BroncoII a few years back. I rolled it an then it flipped end over end down a ditch coming to rest on the lid. When I crawled out of the wreckage I noticed the rear of a gun case underneath the truck. forgot all about the truck, but was in a panic to find out the condition of that 22lr. Im happy to say that only the back sight was bent and a few dents were added to the wood, and its now back to slaying digger squirrels.
[Linked Image]

The other is a Smith&Wesson M3000 12gauge. Times were tough one particular christmas and Santa brought me dads shotgun. It was virtually new condition then. That was a while back, now the blueing on it is fading away and the thick finish on the wood isnt so thick anymore. lotsa quail an grouse have fallen to that full choked gun, its also humbled more than a few skeet shooters.