Most of my rifles are still too new to have earned much character, but there is one that has it in spades. It is an 03-A3 Springer that somebody sporterized years ago. The barrel is stamped 1942. The stock is original but has been modified with a add-on pistol grip and black forend cap. The buttplate says Herters. The trigger is a Timney. The rear sight is a Lyman 57SME. I installed a new Marbles front bead to bring the POI inline with my chosen loads. This fourth of July all my buddies brought their favorite fun guns over for the annual shoot. Of all the guns there, my son favored my old Springfield the most. He was thrilled with the peep sight and light trigger, and how well he could hit with that rifle. It was one of those cherished moments when one's son finally realizes that dad was right all along. He was so pleased with it that he wants to use it for deer hunting this fall, even though he has taken possession of dad's trick stainless/synthetic 300 RUM - the type of gun that seems to be all the rage these days, especially with younger shooters.

Second in line for character points is my tang safety Ruger M77 in 7x57. It's just a good old friend of a rifle, and the caliber wreaks of character. It wears a Leupold 2-7x33, which is one of my all time favorite hunting scopes.

-

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.