Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm deaf so he keeps it simple Dober....grin

We all know a 223 will kill a deer.
A bigger gun just gives a guy alot more thump for the all to often less than ideal situation. I'll take the extra thump.

Sam, saying that makes you... Let's see if I can keep it all straight... You are both stupid and unintelligent... You are a [bleep] idiot... You are a load your mother should have swallowed... You don't know chit... And about a dozen more I can't recall, cause I'm such a dumb idjit what never shoulda been borned by my mama...

What a load of CRAP these guys spew. Talk about your straw man arguments; I have never, once, said a .223 won't work. NEVER.

I killed a deer with a .22RF, and it was lights-out. I'm for thinking a .22 CF would be lights-out too in the right circumstances. And just for you Steelhead (PH), I've killed two deer with a 30-06, but I decided it was more gun than I needed/wanted for the deer I hunt, how I hunt them.

But you know what, PH? I got 8 preference points saved up for THE premium mule deer hunt in Oregon. It's a high-desert hunt down near Nevada in the Trout Ck mountains. There is no way that I, the rest of us, or by your own tacit admission YOU are packing a .223 for that trophy DEER hunt that takes 10 years to save up for.

And that proves my point. The 30-06 is a better general-purpose deer cartridge than the .223. Thanks for agreeing. You can expect to see your own words quoted anytime you choose to be a peckerhead (PH) on this subject.

Grin.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!