Originally Posted by william clunie
When I think of how foolish some of the folks on the hunting shows look, I can only imagine how stupid I'd look -- trying to make a hunting show better in my own way.

I really like the hunting shows from years ago. I can't remember the names correctly, but . . . American Sportsman (Curt Gowdy, Phil ?), Wild Kingdom, Marty Stouffer, etc. Nowadays, it seems to be all about advertising, the kill, the grip and grin photo ops, and the over-done thumbs up, "that was AWESOME", high-five crap.

I doubt if I could do any better, but I'd sure like to see someone make a hunting show like they used to in the good-ol'-days.

My hunting buddy has made 31 home-made hunting videos. You guys might like them. I am in quite a few of them. We film everything to do with real hunting. That's it. We film shots, talk about our guns and loads of the day, sighting in, camp, sunsets, storys at the end of the day - everything. We're not actors and we don't always act all giddy and foolish (but sometimes). The one he is putting together right now is about our cull shooting this summer. There are lots of impact shots and a couple misses (we don't miss often wink ). It's a blast!

-

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.