Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Most of the so called hunting shows on TV are so boring I'd rather listen to chess on the radio! A true hunt, on the ground, on public land is almost a thing of the past.
I appreciate JB's honesty about hunting & journalism, in many ways he reminds me of Jim Carmichael, organized, honest, technical, raises a garden, how about that, and I"m not even a rifle hunter, handguns only.
Someone mentioned a bearded Texan that shoots/hunts for TC, a while back I watched him hunting whitetails in Iowa, he was packing a 15" scoped TC in 460 magnum, he rested the gun across a tree limb & missed a buck at 40 yds, on the replay you could see the bullet miss the buck so bad I felt sorry for the producers, he had to shoot 18" under that buck! True story!

Dick

That same bearded Texas was guided by my buddy about 10 years ago (maybe a little more) in the sandhills of West Texas on a mule deer hunt. He wound up killing a 140" buck because he wouldn't put forth the effort to get out of the truck and do some very tough hiking through the shinnery-choked sandhills. He made the story out to be one of finding a track and following it for a few miles, then making a killing shot. My buddy said he litterally crawled up in the back of a jeep and shot the deer coming from a windmill water hole because he was too lazy to walk. He is apparently a pretty good liar also.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.