Well the sheep trip is over and NO sheep hit the ground. I logged about 90 hours hiking in 10 days, several days we went for 15hrs, through rain, sleet and snow; saw about 40 rams, maybe one of them legal, and never got within 600 yds of him. I did finally take an inland grizzly (fouth time I've gotten a tag for one), a true trophy for me, so all is not lost. I would guesstimate that I worked approximately twice as hard as on previous sheep (2) or goat (2) hunts. I was a little concerned that of the four people leaving base camp with me, two were returns that had not killed last year, and when I left camp 12 days later, for whatever reason, neither of them had pulled the trigger (in one case, released the string). I'm in Vancouver now waiting for the flight to ATL via Minn/St Paul...it's going to be a long day. It never fails to amaze me how some hunting guides can just about skip rope through terrain that I'm down on all fours holding on for dear life! grin I got along great with my amazing guide, who has been at Blackstone in the Yukon for about the last 6 yrs. He had a great knowledge of the country, and sheep hunting, and was very pleasant to share close, sweaty quarters with for the last 12 days.
Pictures of the Grizzly to follow,
Don
PS I think the Yukon may be where God threw the piles of rock left over when he was building the Earth, unbelievable