at that price -no brainer get it. I think the short actions (243, 308) come with a detachable mag - at least that is how they were listed so at least some of them do. The barrel is free floated - but by all means look for contact. I did a little sanding on mine - then just used Minwax to seal it. Think long and hard about refinishing the stock - it will take a lot of effort and some time - though will probably be worth it as you can end up with a real beauty. Just want you to know before you decide to start. The factory finish has been described as gorilla snot, meaning it is just thick and difficult to remove. Karnis (on this sight) offered to do mine and I felt sorry for him later. The checkering will require a good bit for care to cleanly remove. So if you don't fear the work -go for it but be prepared to do more work than might normally be required. BTW -you will not find a softer shooting 243 anywhere. Keep us posted.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius