Originally Posted by atkinson
I would not stock a gun in any other than quarter sawn wood, It is the most stable wood to be had and any stock maker knows that. That is why it is so damned expensive.

I don't think anyone is arguing with you on that point. Now, I'm not a stock maker but (just) a reasonably talented amateur woodworker and as I pointed out in my one post, 1/4 sawing is by far the most expensive and wasteful way to cut a log but the finished product is worth it. Lee seems to believe it is the most efficient way to cut a log. As you've pointed out as well, he is wrong.

Why do we continue to pile onto Lee for every stupid thing he says? It's because at some point here he will say something stupid and dangerous and when someone follows that advice they're going to get hurt. I personally would feel bad if I did not try and set the record straight before that happened.

Lee has continued to post drivel and not back it up with evidence that he knows what he's talking about and I will continue to peek in occasionally and when I have knowledge about a particular topic I will continue to correct him for the reasons above.

I stand by my post.

Allen

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated