Originally Posted by Lee24
RWE, since you are in High Point, you can run over to Baker Furniture, near Winston Salem. They were one of the first fine furniture manufacturers to adopt CNC. I designed a custom machine for them in 1984, in order to carve the posters on their Charleston Rice Bed. They could, of course, build any other part they want to on it. Haven't been back there in 20 years, and assume they wore the old machine out and upgraded to a new one. There are lots of choices on the market now for big production woodworking.

This link is to an interior design firm, because it has photos of the Baker furniture which permit you to zoom in on the details cut by the router, using programmed tool changes.

http://www.kohlerinteriors.com/bake...eds&subcategory=&coll_id=324050#

Not sure which post I indicated I was in High Point, but yes I am there, right now in fact.

What reason would I have to do all of this?

Although I am in High Point, I am not a furniture expert. I do know, for economic reasons that Baker had plants in Mocksville, that moved to Hildebrand, but none that I know of in W-S. Although Kohler did have plants there before they bought Baker.

From the furniture nuts I know, Baker was and is renowned for their hand carving, which I'm sure does not apply to the bed posts of which you refer.

Anyway, I bow out of this fencing match, as I have no reason to either verify or condemn anyone's claims in this dispute which seems to predate my signing onto this board.

My only reason to speak up anymore than my popcorn post was a matter of forum formality and did not constitute any reasonable, real world representation of proof, discovery, evidence, or rules of order.

Lastly, I love computers. Enjoyed my own run with CNC's when I was a boy making ends meet in a machine shop as a floor sweeper (not a designer). Got to do some neat stuff after production hours.

But gun stocks really deserve hand tools.

My work in progress. Sorry no walnut, as it's still producing nuts.

Enjoy.

[Linked Image]