Originally Posted by Lee24
A consistent 97% score in a 60-shot event like air pistol is 582.
Do you know anyone who consistently shoots a 582 in air pistol or any other pistol events, or offhand rifle? Then for wmeeks to claim it is a "pretty low score" shows him to be a non-competitor.

lee24,

i diddn't say air pistol - i said some events. sure, you can cherry pick events and 97% is tough, however, i was thinking rifle, as that's where our (you & me) conversation began, and as your supposedly (in your mind) the big palma kahuna - 97% is only a 437.5/450. nra high power - 485/500. nra prone - 1552/1600 (now that's really tough!!!). i realise you're the great pistol shooter, and have made great claims:

Originally Posted by wmeek
Originally Posted by Lee24
I am glad for those of you who can compete without practicing.
I can't. If I am not going to shoot at least 565 out of 600 on the course, I don't want to bother with a match.

lee24,

shoulda gone to beijing(as in 2008 olympic games) - 563 won the free pistol event!!

(isu is now uit) [i guess it's actually issf most recently]

while i only ask a couple simple questions, as i originally inquired in an effort to gain some of your knowledge to help some of my friends who are trying out for the palma team. i guess you're just to stuck on yourself to help.