Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Funny how it goes sometimes....Want to find a bull?...go coyote hunting...Want to find a bunch of coyotes? Go elk hunting....grin! I've killed a few bulls with the swift and a few coyotes with my .338LM!!

I dont use the swift for anything larger than coyotes now but will always believe that shot placement trumps everything else...

I was out calling dogs the day I ran into that bull over by Ringling, Montana...I put two 55gr ballistic tips into his ribs from the black ridge behind me...150 yards or so. He never went 10 feet.

Scenar, sorry this good thread got dragged into the mud by the clown from Oregon (I played my part too). As I told Mark, I flunked Dale Carnegie when I responded to the little man. I apologize to everyone that had to endure it (apart from Mr. Cool).

I know Ringling pretty well... some good elk country. The Shields is one of my favorite places in the state. We have a little slice of it in Sedan, that I'm very grateful to have.

Mark told me your name, and I certainly know of you... your reputation with a rifle precedes you! laugh

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery