WSM-just for giggles I'll let you in on a bit of my .270 experiences and elk. Started killing elk with it in about 78. Since then I'be used it and have watched buds shoot their .270's on 25-30 head of elk. That being with all the various bullets that I mentioned.

These elk have been taken as close as 100 yds to 650 yds. At this time I can recall finding two of them. One of them and that was on a nice 5 point with the 140 Horn. And that bull was facing us when my friend dropped the hammer. The other was on a big cow I took winter of 85 or so with the 130 Noz. Other than those two I cannot recall finding any bullets nor can I recall not getting two holes. And I am a proponent of two holes on game.

The vast majority of the elk we've taken with the .270 has been with the 130 Sierra Bt and that includes the elk @ 650 yds. It went about 15-20 feet and tipped over.

To date non of the elk have gone over 50 yds or so. Guess my thoughts are you put a good slug in a good place and good things happen.

I'm a member of the 50/50 club (meaning 50 years old and have seen over 50 head of elk taken) and that has taught me that the .270 is more than adequate for elk.

You seem like a nice fella, but perhaps a bit less educated on the killing of elk than I am. If you went to taking elk with the .270 I am more than sure that it wouldn't take long and you'd be a believer as well.

Have a super Turkey day!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy