Originally Posted by BobinNH
Actions that will work; brass availability,factory ammo,bullets that work,etc.?

Seems like a logical step over the 375H&H and according to what I hear and read (all I know about it,really),does so with low pressures and moderate recoil.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

After a couple of false starts I am having a 404 Jeffery built, hopefully it will be complete by July 2010.
Here is what I am having built.

Granite Mountain Standard Mag. Action, 23-24" Krieger barrel w/intergal quarter ribb, one standing and one folding front sight, barrel band, 4 down in mag., most likely pivot mounts, probably going to have the action color cased, cross bolts, etc in a Turkish walnut blank I bought a few years back.

Ralph Martini is building the rifle and I am really looking forward to having one of Ralph rifles.

Both Hornady and Norma make brass not sure if other sources available. The Hornady is more reasonably priced and available from most reloading sources such as Graf and Sons, Midway, etc. Hornady and Norma both produce ammo not sure who else. As far as bullets are concerned there are a few more choices Barnes, North Fork, Hornady, Swift, Woodleigh, GS custom, others?. Redding, RCBS make dies, and possibly Hornady, I had Lee make me a factory crimp die. I am looking forward to working up load for this rifle. Most likely going to see if I can target 2400-2500 fps with 380-400 grain bullets, I think that will be my substitute for a 375 H&H.

You can go to Graf and Sons and Midway and see what if available. RWS may produce ammo but not sure. Hornady is really doing us all a service by producing some Big Bore components and ammo.

Best of luck in your pursuit!