Originally Posted by evanhill
I don't know Smokepole, your advice just makes it sound like you're getting old. Maybe you should find a 20-something mountain biker / runner / bowhunter to start hanging out with wink

I prefer to think of it as "getting wiser," but seriously, how much wisdom does it really take to recall past mistakes, and when the situation presents itself once more, go with "no way in hell I'm doing that again."

As to your second point, funny you should mention that. These are from this weekend, look familiar?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The second is a cholla next to the fire we banked up to get a bed of coals to roast foil-wrapped trout and red potatoes. We brought the 8-man and stove, and it was worth every second of set-up time, as you said.

I was gonna bring the mega-lite, because I wanted to pack light. I'd never hiked this part of the canyon but I knew it'd be rocky with a lot of stream crossings so I wanted a light pack. But Mr. mountain biker/runner said to bring the tipi/stove and any other stuff I wanted to cram in his pack because he wanted a good workout. So I did, and brought some good food.

The best part was when we stopped for a pizza and beer on the way out, and the pizza guy carded Mr. mountain biker. I told him that since he's yound enough to get carded, he needs to carry all my stuff from now on.

A wise man is frequently humbled.