Originally Posted by CUTNHARE
looking for some feedback on these scopes , who else makes a scout scope besides leupold ?
..........I have a 2.75x Burris scout scope and use it on occasion atop my Ruger Frontier which can also can accomodate a conventionally mounted scope which I use more. It is a good and a very tough little scout scope. It is fast aiming and is very lightweight. Optics are very good and comparable to that of the 2.5x Leupold scout.

Some pistol scopes can also be used as rifle scout scopes. For scout rifles though, make sure you double check the eye relief specs. The Burris 2-7x32 is one and the 2.5-8x28 Nikon Monarch EER w/fast focus is another.

While the scout scopes have some advantages in speed and no chance of ever getting scope whacked, the real dis-advantages for some, if you can call them that, are their reduced FOVs and lack of magnification for the fixed powers. Nevertheless, a 2.5x or 2.75x fixed scope, is enough to take any deer sized animal and larger out to 250-300 yards and maybe a little more.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger