Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Curious to know which scabbard is set-up for the profile of a scout scope system, having the bulge for the scope so far down the barrel....

Or, how the scouit scout system, with the base, rings, and scope, is so much lighter than the 14 oz of a 6x42 FX-III and Talley LWs....

Or, how the fragile and easily knocked off turrets somehow manage to keep up with the "gentle" treatment they receive in use in combat situations with military snipers, not to mention the use by hunters who don't sit in boxblinds....

Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Curious to know which scabbard is set-up for the profile of a scout scope system, having the bulge for the scope so far down the barrel....

Or, how the scouit scout system, with the base, rings, and scope, is so much lighter than the 14 oz of a 6x42 FX-III and Talley LWs....

Or, how the fragile and easily knocked off turrets somehow manage to keep up with the "gentle" treatment they receive in use in combat situations with military snipers, not to mention the use by hunters who don't sit in boxblinds....

I can't tell you which "brand" scabbard is set up for the profile of a Scout scope "system" as you put it. The scabbards we use are custom made and they'll handle my Scout rifle no problem. But, if you'll re-read my post, I never said I carried my Scout rifle in a scabbard. It's not an elk rifle though I have no doubt it would work.
If you want to compare the weights of the scopes, I'll humor you...the 6x42 weighs close to 11 1/2 oz. while the Burris Scout scope weighs 7. Add the Ashley (now XS) mount and it's still a tad lighter than yours, I have no idea how much the rings weigh nor do I intend to weigh them .
I didn't say the turrets were fragile, I just said something sticking up like the Leaning Tower of Pisa is just begging to be damaged. But if you want to disgrace a light, trim little rifle like the one you pictured, you're the one that looks like a fool,not me. In fact, it looks like your rifle is attached to the scope instead of the other way around...
Hey, regarding the boxblind remark, maybe you can find something original, huh?
Again, the original post asked for opinions on the Burris Scout scope, NOT opinions on Scout scopes in general. So, if you own one, state your opinion and move on. If you don't, shut your pie-hole and begin work on that lofty goal of your 45,000nth post...
Think I'll go to the shop and start packing for my elk hunt.
35WN

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."- Col. Townsend Whelen
"I always tell the truth....that way, I don't have to remember anything."- George Burns
NRA Life Member
Certified NRA Reloading Instructor
Certified Texas Hunter Education Instructor