Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Curious to know which scabbard is set-up for the profile of a scout scope system, having the bulge for the scope so far down the barrel....

Or, how the scouit scout system, with the base, rings, and scope, is so much lighter than the 14 oz of a 6x42 FX-III and Talley LWs....

Or, how the fragile and easily knocked off turrets somehow manage to keep up with the "gentle" treatment they receive in use in combat situations with military snipers, not to mention the use by hunters who don't sit in boxblinds....

Originally Posted By: VAnimrod
Originally Posted By: Oregon45
I have to agree with JO on this one VA. A buddy took a fine Blacktail buck on opening day last weekend. Shot was 20 yards, straight down, as my buddy was on top of a rock escarpment rising above a vast scrub oak thicket on a ridge. The buck was feeding along the edge of the thicket where it met the rock wall. My buddy said when he took the safety off (Winchester Model 70, three position) the buck froze. Wrong move on the buck's part.

They can hear those things, if you're close enough and the wind doesnt'd drown you out. Personally, it's not enough for me to worry about and I use B&C caps as a matter of course and haven't missed a shot because of them.

Considering that I've shot deer STRAIGHT DOWN out of tree stands, and at a measured 10', all while snicking off safeties and/or flipping caps, I'm still calling BS. Either the blacktails are supernatural as even compared to whitetails, or someone's blowing smoke. I'd wager on the latter.

Tree stand/ Box Blind whats the differance?

And?

Have, and will again. It ain't the only way I hunt, nor my preferred, but at times, it works.

Your point is, exactly, what?