Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
K-I've long been an arm pit shooter, or more so a behind the shoulder shooter unless the angle gives me a point). Just the way I was trained I guess.

Dober

Me too.

Back in the olden days (before we had cell phones and X-cab pickups) times were rough.... grin
There were not as many elk 40-50 years ago as today. When my dad and his three long time hunting partners killed elk, they shared the spoils--regardless if they killed 1 elk or they went 4 for 4.

Anybody who wasted meat with a shoulder shot would generally receive a bit of ribbing back at camp.

Consequently, before I was ever old enough to start carrying a rifle on my own, I had it drilled into my head to shoot behind the shoulder, in the "armpit".

Besides, I've seen elk travel a surprisingly long ways with one, and occasionally both, shoulders broken. A bullet that traverses the boiler room seems to stop them just as surely as a shoulder shot that breaks a leg.....at least in my experience.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.