Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by JA270WBY
I didn't realize it was that easy. Is there a certain cut of meat that is better than others? Or are there any to stay away from?

I've never canned meat.

That being said, I think the pressure cooker acts as the great equalizer, makes the tough cuts tender, allowing you to use whatever you can get into the jar.

Yes, in my experience that pressure canning process is your friend for some tougher cuts. it really does all seem equal when you dump it out of the jar.

not that I've tried canned backstraps vs canned trimmings grin

But canning venison is simply an excellent way to preserve that meat for later use. I mean all the way around, tenderizing, flavor, no risk of freezer burn, ready to eat, no thawing... It's a winner all the way around.

We don't add water or bulion either. Sometimes we add some diced peppers/onion but other than the canning salt that's it.

I'd be willing to bet the bullion would dissolve perfectly fine in the juices from the meat without adding any water.

Those that have done it know what I'm talking about, it provides it's own juice and if you pull the jars hot after the process time has passed those juices continue to boil in the jar for quite some time as the jars cool.

bullion cube, not a bad idea, might try it.

Something clever here.