I don't put anything except a 1/4 teaspoon salt in a quart jar. Processing time is 75 minutes for pints, 90 for quarts, at 10 lbs.
You can raw pack it or brown it, if you brown it, fill the jar with the drippings up to 1" of the top. It needs the headspace. Without it, the jars will not seal.

If you raw pack it do not add any extra liquid.

Be sure your jars are sterilized.

Put the lids in hot water to soften the rubber seal, but do not let boil. When you put them on the jars, tighten the ring to snug. Do not over tighten.

Lbs of pressure depend on altitude and type of canner you are using. I prefer the gauge canners, I don't really care for the weighted gauge (rocker) kind.

One of the most important things to remember is after it has done its time in the canner and you turn off the heat source, NEVER vent the canner until it is completely cool and the gauge is all the way to zero.

Wash the jars after they have cooled over night. I like to store them in the boxes the jars came it, and I label the whole box with great big letters on white paper. (I store the stuff under the stairs and it's easier to see.)

Have fun and BE SAFE!

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt