You need instruction and a lot of it.

You guess too much.

Why would I buy a 2.5x10 Nightforce for 1200 bucks when a bud has one on his gun that I can use to see if I liked it or not?

Hmmmm. whistle You guessed wrong once again.

Here is another tidbit for you to contemplate. The reason he let me use his rifle is because he wanted to sell the scope to me...

Why was he trying to sell the scope you ask?....

Because he hunts the same places I do and didn't like the fact that the scope didn't do as well in low light as his 6X42 Leupold.

I tried it and didn't like it. Simple as that. Now if you want to spend your 1200 on one and give it to me, that will be fine. I'll sell it for 1K and go buy something else That fits my eyes and the way I hunt.

I've guided hunts for years. Bow hunted for over 30 years and I've been asked to use calls by more than one company before they came to market...Deer and Duck.

I've posted picks all over this site of big whitetails I've killed buddy, go look for 'em. It will give you something to do and get you out of the adults hair.

So excuse me if I'm not real impressed that you hunt some public land a few days out of the year.

But I do find it amusing that you cannot except the fact that some people who hunt in dark holes may want a little larger objective in order to maximize their legal shooting time.

If somebody bolted you to Einstein, you would still be a imbecile.