Laffin,

You can take things out of context and post half quotes till the cows come home.

I was interested in possibly buying a NF 2.5-10, so I asked some Q's, then I tried one before I spent 1200 on something that wouldn't work.

Only an idiot like yourself would not understand the logic here.

Sorry, but It still doesn't change the fact that I used your beloved NF 2.5-10 and didn't like it or that other scopes provide better low light capability.

Something you still fail to understand. Meds wearing off again?

As far as shooting at bucks past 450 yds. that's a personal choice. I'm not big on wounding bucks and take high percentage shots within my ability.

Another lesson you have failed to learn.

If you had ever done any LR shooting you'd understand reading wind starts getting very difficult past that range.

One more lesson you obviously haven't learned.

The parallax comment was addressed at someone who had earlier claimed that adjustment was not needed at longer distances..It was a stab at him, like I've done to you on here..

The 2 clubs I deer hunt at do not include the farms we yote hunt every year. Once again you assume schit that is incorrect.

Never hunted elk, wanted to get some opinions from those who had and and used the 7-08. Not sure what asking a question about how a certain caliber performs on game has to do with a NF scope, but I'm sure you will figure it out.

"I hunt public land and killed 2 deer. I can't understand why someone would want to use a scope that provided better light gathering capability in certain applications, even when it is explained to me repeatedly. Am I just a dumbass?"

Afraid so. grin

Funny how you left this one out of your search... whistle
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Based on the target dimensions I gave above, I just make up a range card in 50 yd increments out to 850 that has Elevation in MILS/MOA and wind drift in inches for each range increment @ 1 mph.

This way, you can hold or dial if the range is not to extreme.

Example:

You know your target is 2 yds tall (man size) you read 2.5 mils @ target.

2 yards x 1000 = 2000/2.5 mils = 800 yds.

You refer to range card and @ 800 yds it says 24.2 MOA/6.9 Mils

Dial and shoot. Bingo.

When you have wind it takes alot more time, but is very accurate.

You multiply the range wind speed drift of 1 mph (800 in this case) x the actual wind speed, say 10 mph.

The 800 yd line on your card shows 3.3" drift @ 800 for a 1 mph wind.

You have a 10 mph wind so you multiply 3.3 drift x 10 wind = 33" of drift @ 800 yds for a full value wind.

If it is a 3/4 value wind, then multiply 33" x .75 = 24.7" drift.

To get the MOA ajustment divide 24.7" wind drift by distance 8.

24.7 / 8 = 3.08 MOA. to get mills divide your MOA by 3.5.

3.08 / 3.5 = .88 mils.

The wind sounds like alot but it ain't. It can be done in 30 sec. The card is really quick on elevation, the wind takes longer and a calculator is a must for me.

JM