JM notice the the bolt handle is up and the rifle is on the ground. That is perfect form for that technique. Designed to shoot under low barricades such as cars. Try it some time you will see how difficult is really is. A micro dot gets mounted alot to make it easier than shooting using you main optic. They are respectible (not monster) bucks on public land in my neck of the woods.

That said the Nightforce optics are more than a few ounces heavier. I beleive buy the glass that YOUR eyeball says thats the one. Also the glass needs matched to the platform. NF is not an optic you put on a NULA. It is IMHO the best Benchrest scope going. The new low power modles would be perfect on an AR platform. Nightforce is a high end optic. They hold value as good or better than Luepold.

One time I had a grand burning a hole in my pocket. Decided I was going to get new Binos. I went to a local shop that carries everything from Simmons to Swaro. I was able to step out the back door and look through them all. MY EYEBALLS liked the Nikon Monarchs the best. Go figure, I would not have taken that bet.